How We Started
- In 1999, Dr. John Hwang and Dr. Philip Chen started the mentoring program in the conference room of APEX Computer Systems, Inc.
- In 2003, the mentoring program was formalized into AAPA, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
- In 2006, AAPA introduced Track 3 to the Mentorship Program for professionals seeking to advance into senior management and director positions.
- In 2010, AAPA kicked off its first Executive Forum, and in 2012, AAPA kicked off its first Leadership Symposium.
- In 2015, AAPA reached 1100 alumni mentees. Also, in partnership with APCF, AAPA kicked off the Board Leadership Program.
- In 2017, the AAPA Toastmasters Club was officially chartered. AAPA also held its first Idea Talks, in partnership with City National Bank.
- Today, over 30 mentors, 42 mentees, and 28 BLP participants are enrolled, and we have over 1,200 participants in our alumni network.
Our Service to the Community
Since 1999, we have provided: